The library was founded as a reference library for the Ordinariate, later Institute for Soil Science. It provides specialist literature for scientists, employees and students of the Institute.
The library is a reference library.
Soil science and related disciplines are the focal points of the collection. The stock comprises more than 7,500 books, 65 magazines and 2000 maps. Students of soil science can borrow books at short notice for seminar papers and the preparation of exams. However, parts of the stock cannot be borrowed, e.g. magazines, loose-leaf collections and media identified as not borrowable.
If you want to borrow books for the first time, please contact Anne Brockmann in advance.
In the library, you will find books on the following topics:
- Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science
- Earth Sciences
- Geology, Mineralogy & Mining
- Hydrology, Water management & Hydraulic engineering
- Soil science
- Plant nutrition and plant protection
- Land use (especially agriculture and forestry)
- Methods, Scientific work
- Works of the Institute of Soil Science
- Environmental protection