The Institute of Soil Science (IfB) integrates its research into current issues in environmental and earth system research and into the field of sustainability.
The Institute's main research areas are:
- Soil diversity as a basis for biodiversity
- Soil characteristics and function in natural and anthropogenically altered landscapes under the influence of climate and land-use change
- The significance of soils for materials cycles and the climate system
- The assessment of pollutants in soils and the environment
- The development and assessment of technologies for the protection of soils and the environment
In our work we focus on the regions of northern Germany, the Siberian Arctic, South America, and southern Africa.
If you would like to know more, please go to these pages: