Academic Services Office
Welcome to our website!
The Academic Services Office is the central contact point for questions and queries of students and lecturersat the Department of Earth System Sciences. Our tasks include the coordination of degree programs, subject counselling and exam management, as well as the administration of doctorates.
Dr. Michael Schäfer is currently out of office.
Handan Kutlu 02.05.-20.05.22
Elke Aden 09.05.-27.05.22
Madeleine Meck 19.05.-03.06.22
Dr. Sigrid Meiners 23.05.-27.05.22
Rosemarie Zink 23.05.-27.05.22
Franziska Brügmann 25.05.-31.05.22
In order to prevent you and us from getting unnecessarily infected with the new corona virus, the Academic Service Office's staff is until further notice not available in person, instead only via email and telephone (see here for phone numbers or via studienbuero.geo"AT"uni-hamburg.de)
- Exam regulations: Please take note of the modifications of the current exam regulations for B.Sc. and M.Sc. programmes. Among other things, you now have four attempts to pass each exam.
- Submission of B.Sc./M.Sc. theses: Theses should be submitted electronically to the relevant contact person at the ASO together with a scan/photograph of the signed affidavit page. If the file is too large, you can use a file sharing programme.
You can send the printed copies of your thesis via regular mail to the ASO or deposit them in the postbox next to the elevators on the 12th floor of Geomatikum. The date of electronic submission is the decisive one until further notice. Please note that we are currently not fully able to accept parcels or registered mail (Einschreiben).
- Registration of B.Sc./M.Sc. theses): Theses can be registered again starting May 4. Please discuss with your supervisor before registering whether your proposed thesis can be completed in the current circumstances. In addition to the information given here please note the following: Print, sign and scan the registration form or add an electronic signature. Have your supervisor sign the form electronically as well and send the form via email (cc your supervisor) to the ASO.
- Diploma documents: Diplomas can be ordered by sending us the signed and scanned form via email. Please note, that the process might take longer time than usual. In urgent cases, we can issue a digital proof of completion of studies or a transcript of records. Diploma documents are only sent via regular mail and cannot be retrieved in person at the ASO.
- All other documents should be handed in electronically as well.
Please find detailed information on the following page Promotion
- Deadlines for the Doctoral Committee are stated here
Please refer to the general information here Habilitationen
Please note that regulations can change quickly due to the dynamically evolving situation. See also the university's FAQ on the topic.
Thank you for your patience and stay healthy!
The ASO's team