PERICLES: Partnership for research on Biota-Climate-Feedbacks
The focus of the PERICLES project is on complex feedbacks between biota and the climate system. Especially effects of biotic functions on the climate have been given too little attention so far. In PERICLES, both marine and terrestrial ecosystems as well as ecotones are considered with a focus on the Northern Hemisphere.
In this international research cooperation within the funding line „Next Generation Partnerships“ (NGP) of the excellence initiative, professors from Universität Hamburg work together with experts from China, the USA, Sweden and Australia. The current state of knowledge and open research questions will be discussed at an international conference. PERICLES will also contribute to the promotion of young researchers through the exchange of doctoral students and postdocs between Universität Hamburg and the partner institutions. The Working Group Dynamics of Soil Processes of the Institute of Soil Science is involved in the PERICLES project.
- Fudan University, Shanghai, China (Prof. Bo Li, School of Life Sciences, Institute of Biodiversity Science and Prof. Jihua Wu, School of Life Sciences, Institute of Biodiversity Science)
- Indiana University Bloomington, USA (Prof. Richard Phillips, Department of Biology)
- Lund University, Lund, Schweden (Prof. Johannes Rousk, Department of Biology, Microbial Ecology and Dr. Thomas Pugh, Department of Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science)
- Macquarie University, Sydney, Australien (Prof. Neil Saintilan, Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences)
Employees at the Institute of Soil Science
- Heisenberg-Professor for Dynamics of Soil Processes: Prof. Dr. Christian Beer
- Duration: 04.2021 - 03.2024
- Project lead: Prof. Dr. Kai Jensen
- Sponsor: Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG)